Bodies - a six year decimation of Idaho

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Losing my Faith in TV

Shocking, I know. Fact of the matter is, I'm getting tired of getting hooked on a show only to have it cancelled without any resolution. Fox is the worse about this. It seems that they intentionally kill shows of just for the fun of it. Currently Shandy and I watching a few shows that are in danger of being cancelled:

Jericho on CBS
and
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles on Fox

This past fall we watched the first three seasons of The 4400 on USA. The fourth had just ended and so we were DVRing all of the reruns so we could catch up and be current. We are only a few away from having the whole season. Sadly, I see it has been cancelled. I'm guessing that the season finale did not wrap everything up and probably was a cliffhanger. Shandy and I are debating on whether or not to even watch season 4. We'll get all hooked and then have zero resolution or closure. We're on the fence on that one.

Last summer, Fox killed off Drive. I had just watched the first three episodes and was about to start the fourth when I saw the news. How's that for giving a show a chance? They promised to air the final three episodes and then kept pushing them back and finally just pulled the plug all together. Of course these are the same people that killed off Firefly after failing to air the pilot, playing the episodes out of order and then preempting several of the episodes for baseball games.

Maybe we'll just stick to watching shows on DVD that we know are safe. I hear that the Golden Girls had a good series finale and wrapped everything up.

No comments: