Bodies - a six year decimation of Idaho

Monday, April 2, 2007

Finally...A Day Off

No joke, in the last two months, I have had probably three days off. During those two months, I probably averaged 12 hour days with at least two 20 hour days and one 27.5 hour stint.

Today made day off #4. I was able to sleep in until 0800 until I was awoken by a phone call. It's always a big debate on whether or not to turn off the two cell phones I have on a day off. I always want to but there are usually emergencies to take care of so I screen the calls. I still probably spent at least an hour on the phone today, taking care of business. Shandy and I did have a relaxing day, though, for the most part. All of the older boys were in school, Nathan took a nap and Shandy and I watched some episodes of Freaks and Geeks.

Freaks and Geeks is one of those great shows that should have never been cancelled and was killed after just one season. Shandy and I have been laughing our butts off while watching the episodes.

Benny came home from pre-school and reminded Shandy of a promise she had made earlier so we ended up going to lunch at Golden Corral. Contrary to what you may think, it's actually possible to eat healthy at a buffet. Possible, not easy. All of the fried food was calling to me but I was strong. As we drove to GC, Benney had mentioned that it would have been OK if I had stayed home. I said, "You want me to stay home by myself?" To which he replied, "You're old enough. You're an adult." He quickly changed hi stance, though and told me how glad he was to have me coming.

I took a long nap in the afternoon, we had family home evening, and now the boys are in bed.

We became a recycling family today now that the city is providing the service. I feel hip and responsible. Maybe I'll buy a Toyota Prius, Shandy can stop shaving her legs and we can start touting hemp products...maybe not.

No comments: