Bodies - a six year decimation of Idaho

Thursday, April 12, 2007

For My Adoring Fans...Because You Demanded It

Well, it's official. I have fans. Out of the six posts I have made, I have averaged .6 comments per entry. Demand for my blog is so high that I have 108 views. Only 50 or so are from Shandy and I.

My muses, my masses, my people want, nay, demand that I get down to the nitty-gritty, to rip open my chest and bare my soul.

I will admit, this is different for me. Prior to this, the only baring I did was the occasional mooning of friends or family. I know that Shandy's friend Lynette has an image burned into her mind that she wishes was never there (in my defense, I didn't realize she was there on the beach when I mooned my wife and children from Chris' boat).

There is a side to me, perhaps the natural man that I fight to suppress, that has always gotten a kick out of the occasional mooning. In High School, my buddies and I used to moon fellow classmates from my buddy Craig's Geo Tracker. Once, while en route to a family reunion, my brother, Danny, pulled his '77 Ranchero along side Dad's truck on the freeway. I mooned my father, my mother, my sister, her friend, even our beloved family pet, Duchess, the Springer Spaniel (for Duchess, I feel shame). Dad's remark to Mom:

"Well, I guess that means he's not wearing his seat belt."

At Danny's first wedding, during the reception, each table had a disposable camera where guests were invited to take pictures of each other, the new couple, or whatever struck their fancy. My fancy was getting everybody I could find to moon the camera, outside of the ballroom in the elevator. Friends, cousins, uncles, sons...all took their turn mooning the camera. I was unsuccessful in convincing my 90 year grandfather to drop trou but we did get about 18 different pics. I was mistaken when I assumed that Dan and his then wife would develop the film.

Her parents did.

I can't be sure for certain but that may have started the beginning of the end of their short lived union. Welcome to the family.

As I look back and ponder, I realize that I have not always used my powers for good. As Uncle Ben counselled young Peter Parker:

"With great power comes great responsibility."

I'd say that my tuckus is indeed a great power. I hope that I can always use it responsibly.

5 comments:

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

You are soo funny ever consider stand up? Seriously thanks for making me laugh. Shandy is one lucky gal!

Lynette said...

ok...let me first say....I was not on the shore, I was driving our boat remember??? And yes, that image is burned into my memory for ever I am sure! If I didn't like your wife as much as I do....that could be a problem! Hehehe! It was actually pretty dern funny I thought! Combine that with the image is Kristy falling off the tub and Trent and Randy trying to pull her back onto the dock...hehehe....with the image if Shandy only getting on the tube in the water cuz she had to pee...then forgetting to pee....oh my heck that was a funny day!

oh, and your blog makes me giggle...alright, more like laugh right out loud! And I must say I am proud to have been mentioned by name in your blog!!!

Does this make me a chillexin groupie???

PS>..I found an orange feather boa in the mall the other day! But I didn't buy it cuz it was $30.00 When is your birthday again???? Hehehe!

Lynette said...

ok...so I don't know how to fix my type....Kristy fell of the tube, from the dock. Thanks for being so understanding!!! Either way...still funny!

Latr

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!